Wednesday 11 November 2015

A teary smile

    I stare outside the window....not actually seeing the peaceful little city covered with a blanket of snow. Scenes flash before me; scenes from a decade ago; 8000 kms from where i currently live. I smile to myself and close my eyes…… a tear rolls down my cheek…. I miss home….
A year ago, I lived in a beautiful chaotic world that was home. I never cared about picking up clothes from the floor; had my parents to put food in my mouth as I ran about the house collecting my stuff before rushing off to class; never remembered taking my towel to the bathroom, because my mom was there to bring it for me.
Now, looking back, all this time I am away from home, I can’t believe I’ve changed so much. The metamorphosis from this gawky girl that I was to the woman I am now. It’s been an amazing transformation. All the new experiences; the encounters; places I travelled; the continents I have walked on; the people I’ve met; Sometimes amazing; Sometimes not.
I’m ready now. To step out. To go back to where I belong and jump headlong into the vast expense of human chaos. To take on the world with my bare hands.

And, when I go back home, I know it’s not going to be the same. But I’m sure my parents would be proud of the woman that I am now!

1 comment: