Wednesday 19 November 2014

Weird things that people do


Most of the stuff you do is never commanded by your brain(if at all you have a brain). All of us do a lot of things unconsciously without ever meaning to. Some are inborn, and some are picked up along the course of our life. Commonly referred to as ‘Habits’.
Sometimes people have really creepy or even disgusting habits….. like some of mine, which we will be discussing in detail.
One of my really cool habits is picking up a new slang or an accent from a friend and imitating it for a while. And when I say ‘a while’, you must understand that it can range from a few weeks to even years. And let me assure you, it’s not intentional. Some really catchy accent or phrase gets stuck up in my head and simply refuse to get out!
And so I am really unpredictable. No one knows how my response might be like, anytime. How cool is that!
But the one that I’m most ashamed to admit is how my body clock is set. Unlike most people of my age, I wake up at 5.30 in the morning! Being a morning person is usually approved of by the older folks, but all my friends look at me with raised eyebrows and disapproving stares, which makes me look weird and holy! :P Ugh how embarrassing! But I can be awake into the night. So I enjoy longer days, everyday!
In addition to that, I can sleep almost any time in any place. And wake up at will. It’s like switching me ON and OFF. Now that IS weird!
My first roommate used to watch people sleep. It was creepy and scared the crap out of me!! She also used to talk in her sleep, sometimes even laugh, which can be very scary at night. Then she blamed us for watching her when she sleeps! I used to be like, ‘I don’t want to live on this planet anymore!’ :o
Some things in life were just not meant to be. One of my friends had this peculiar habit of opening and closing the pen cap till it can drive you nuts! And she didn’t even know she was doing it till we told her. Another of my friend keeps shaking her head to and fro while speaking, while listening or even while simply staring at someone! It’s like sitting near a cow that can’t keep still! Life IS an adventure, where you can meet a lot of wild life on the way!!
Recently one of my best friends started saying,”Eeeek” whenever she gets excited and literally jumps in joy. Given the fact that she’s on the heavier side, which only made it worse to look at. And then came the terrible time when all of my friends, five in total, including me, took in this habit and hell broke loose! With an 'Eeeeek eeeek' here and an 'eeeeek eeeek' there! It was horrifying! My other classmates definitely went through hell.  It took us a lot of time and will power to get out of it. Whew! I finally got out of it!!! Eeeeek!!
But no one’s habit has been as annoying as my present roommate’s, who replies with an ‘Achcha’ (it means ‘good’ in Hindi) for anything you might tell her. And honestly it isn’t good at all, hearing it over and over again!!
Some guys unconsciously run their fingers through their hair and rest their hands on the nape of their necks, which I think is rather cool! ;)
There are other habits I have, which I will not be telling you. By doing this I’m not only protecting myself from embarrassment but also saving you from hearing crude sickening stuff!

But I know this for sure: Any alien that might land on earth will soon end up in a mental asylum if it had to witness all the weird things we do!!

1 comment:

  1. my friend makes a snorting sound all the time, which is very annoying.

    ReplyDelete